Good nutrition is important for everyone but especially for growing teenagers. Proper balanced diet is necessary for the development of their bones and muscles. Unfortunately, these days many teenagers are suffering from malnutrition. Here are few steps that will help the teenagers to overcome this dilemma.
1) Drink Plenty Of Water- drinking water keeps the body hydrated that helps in regulating metabolism and purifies the body. Drinking water also keeps all the systems and organs functional whether we talk about the digestive system or kidney. It also helps in boosting up the immune system that prevents us from various diseases.
2) Maintain Regular Sleep- sleep is the major factor that contributes to the health of an individual. An average teen requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep daily to remain healthy. Having proper sleep keeps them active throughout the day and minimizes anxiety.
3) Eat Breakfast Daily- Breakfast is considered the most important meal as it provides the body with the first fuel of the day. Teenagers should never miss the breakfast. Healthy breakfast includes fruits, milk, eggs, oatmeal, juices, toast or cream of wheat.
4) Avoid Junk Food- junk food not only comprises of food that is served at the restaurants but all the stuff that lacks nutritional value. All these stuffs have an adverse effect on health. Eating junk food is the real cause to obesity so these should be avoided. Teenagers should be supplied with food that is rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals which is very important for their growth.
5) Snack Healthy- Eating fruits, a handful of nuts, celery, or a piece of cheese as a part of snack are better than having fried food. Healthy snack will maintain the energy level throughout the day and will also benefit the body.
6) Exercise- Exercising daily for at least 10 to 15 minutes is quite good for health. It helps to get rid of extra fat accumulated in the body. Indulging into physical activities keeps the body and mind fresh. It even enhances the concentration power of teenagers, so they are able to perform well in studies.
These are few key to healthy lives that have proved to be very effective and productive. Teenagers must eat balanced diet in order to stay healthy.